#4 BEEF STEW WITH MAIZE HERB DUMPLINGS
45ml (3tbsp) oil
1 onion, sliced
1kg stewing beef
4 tomatoes, peeled and diced or
1 can (410g) All Gold diced tomatoes
10ml (2tsp) cayenne pepper
2ml (1/2tsp) mixed dry herbs
1pkt (50g) brown Onion Soup, dissolved in
625ml (2 ½ cups) water
Salt and pepper to taste
250ml (1 cup) Golden Cloud self - Raising Flour
125ml (½ cup) ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL
15ml (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh parsley
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil and sauté onion and meat until meat has browned.
2. Add tomatoes, paprika and mixed herbs, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add brown onion Soup, check seasoning, bring to the boil, simmer gently for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
4. To make dumplings: Rub margarine into Golden Cloud self-raising flour and Ace super maize meal until it resembles bread crumbs, add herbs and enough water to form a stiff dough.
5. Divide into 8 dumplings, drop dumplings into stew about 30 minutes before end of cooking time. Cover and cook until fluffy and cooked. Serves 4-6.